Slug & Snail Advice
Don't Kill Them - Move Them
For many years it has been commonly acceptable to kill slugs through conventional slug pellets. However, this leaves the natural predators of slugs and snails without prey. This in tern means that more desirable animals such as birds will not live in an area with no food and force them to move else where.
Slugs and snails are also great at breaking down plant material in compost heaps and they excrete a nitrogen rich substance that fertilizes the soil.
Know Your Enemy
• Slugs travel at 0.00726mph
• Slugs are hermaphrodites so they can reproduce quickly
• Slugs and snails hide in dark moist areas
• Slugs need a constant supply of water and food to produce the slime it travels on
• Slugs have over 25,000 teeth
• Slugs can lay over 100 eggs a year
• Slug eggs take only 10-21 days to hatch
• Slugs live for up to 6 years
• The average garden contains 200 slugs
• Each slug can eat up to 1kg of leaves during spring (without deterrents)
• That equates to over 200kg’s of your garden plants eaten every year
Tips on Slug and Snail Control
It is practically impossible to stop slugs and snails from living in your garden and using chemicals on your garden is not sustainable or environmentally friendly.
Eradicating slugs and snails all together is not particularly good for the garden either as many species of birds and other garden animals feed on them.
Natural Slug and Snail Deterrent was not designed to kill slugs and snails rather, it encourages them to avoid eating the plants that you care about by aggravating their foot.
It is also known that slugs hide underground during the day, to prevent them from eating your plants. You can apply Recycled Slug and Snail Deterrent right up to the plant stem.
Litter heaps, compost piles, drain pipes, greenhouses, well walls and uncultivated areas with dense plant growth, provide ideal sites in which grey garden slugs, grey field slugs and snails are capable of living.
Plants Susceptible to Slug and Snail Attack
• Rock Rose
PO BOX 794
You can send us a cheque in the post and detail what you would like to order, it just takes around 2 weeks to get your products this way!
If you have any queries please feel free to send us an email by clicking on the link below.
Need to call us?
01483 201 116
Enter your email to get started!